Wearable technology can go from virtual reality (VR) headsets to glasses, jewelry to smartwatches, and the like. These innovations are popular in many industries because of their benefits. You may see them almost everywhere nowadays.
With so many technology-centric companies, they offer various innovations that any industry can utilize. Especially since many people know that technology has no boundaries, they’re into inventions that can help every business.
To name a few, here are industries that are now enjoying the benefits of wearable technology:
With telehealth, it’s no wonder that the healthcare industry is one of the biggest consumers of wearable technology. Nowadays, healthcare professionals can use wearable technology to monitor patients, body temperature, blood glucose levels, blood pressure, and the like. Even when the patient is located in another town, it’s possible to provide such care using wearable technology.
With such innovations, healthcare professionals can quickly respond to their patients if health issues occur. These technologies also help patients stay at home while receiving virtual healthcare. For more in-depth information on how wearable technology is being utilized in the healthcare industry, you may check this great post to read.
Not only do healthcare professionals take advantage of wearable technology, but the insurance providers as well. They use such technological advancements to access policyholder’s activity data and detailed biometric information.
As a result, insurance companies can increase customer engagement, prevent fraudulent claims, and enhance underwriting accuracy. In addition, users of such wearable technology allow insurance providers to access such activities upon using these gadgets.
Another use of wearable technology in the insurance industry to provide policy for uninsured individuals. The data the wearables collect can provide feedback to potential insurance policyholders. Insurers can use these data to convince individuals to buy insurance policies they can use, especially with the possible risks of their current lifestyle. All of which can be backed up by the data from the wearables.
Also, insurers may offer perks and discounts to rewarding policyholders through their monitored activity levels. For instance, if the policyholder has a consistent physical activity level, the insurers can offer them rewards.
One of the most famous industries using wearable technology is the fitness industry. This is because these gadgets are abundant, making them affordable since you can find a lot of suppliers of such in the market.
What these techs do is one or a combination of the following:
- Identify sleep patterns after recording your sleep
- Set fitness goals depending on your personal traits
- Record your workout sessions
- Calculate your calorie intake
- Monitor your overall fitness every day, as well as your daily activity
With all of this data, you can customize how to achieve your fitness goals. For example, if you’re taking in too many calories, wearable technology can help you improve it. In addition, it may send a warning if you’re near your calorie limit for the day. That way, you can prevent yourself from consuming more food.
What’s even better is that these gadgets can wirelessly connect with your devices, like smartphones, laptops, and others. Thus, you can access the results or data on different platforms. Not only that, but these gadgets can help you stay motivated by making you aware of what you’re doing to your body.
Warehousing And Logistics
Other industries that benefit from wearable technology are logistics and warehousing. With such gadgets, they can keep things in order.
Here are ways these industries use wearable technology to their advantage:
- They reduce operating costs by minimizing the risks related to general order fulfillment accounts, stacking, and picking.
- New employees can seamlessly help them with the onboarding process as wearables help them train better.
- They boost productivity by recording contextual data of employees. These data can help supervisors determine who should receive rewards, promotions, and the like.
- They provide notifications when issues or errors occur. That way, you can fix them immediately to avoid affecting your operations.
- Employers can easily monitor numerous operations. Since data from these wearable technologies are accessible on various devices and platforms, employers can access them anytime and anywhere.
- They boost efficiency as information is readily accessible to employees at all times, reducing waste of time.
Another leading industry that benefits most from wearable technology is manufacturing. By using such, most manufacturers can enhance more excellent and quality operational visibility.
Other manufacturers use such gadgets to enhance health and safety among employees while improving their efficiencies. However, the functionality of these innovations must not place employees in danger while improving their operations.
Here’s a more elaborate explanation of how manufacturers can utilize wearables:
- Wearables upgrade how they operate their business as AI-powered wearable technology and human brain integrate. As a result, they can have higher performances since there’s an increase in their overall production.
- Some manufacturers use smartwatches that help them resolve real-time plant demands. Since these wearables have barcode scanning, cloud-based servers, biometric tracking, and audio, manufacturers can quickly meet the demands.
- Since some manufacturing plants contain valuable, hazardous, and unique items, access to such properties should be limited to authorized personnel. If ever outsiders gain access to these manufacturing properties, loss of products, machines, patents, and the like is possible. This will affect companies as they have lost their products, leading them to waste funds. With the help of wearables, employees need to undergo security authentication and protocols before they can enter the property. Moreover, some wearables track, restrict, and permit the movement of their employees.
- Hands-free devices allow voice technology to take over operations. They remove friction existing from handheld devices. With such, productivity is increased as they can now use both hands to perform other tasks rather than stopping what they’re doing to hold a device they need.
Wearable technology has been popular among physical fitness enthusiasts for years. They use it to set fitness goals, record their data, and monitor their progress. As a result, they can achieve their fitness goals more quickly. Because of this, more industries see the benefit of wearable technology running their business. As mentioned, the industries mentioned above are now applying wearable technology to improve their efficiency and productivity.