Recently, Xiaomi rolled out a software update to its Redmi Note 5 Global version on MIUI 10 which comes with the version of V10.3.1.0.OEIMIXM(whyred).
Xiaomi has been promising to bring the later Android 9.0 Pie to the Xiaomi Redmi Note 5/ Note 5 Pro and the user has been expecting it to come but unfortunately, this update is still on Android 8.1 Oreo with some changelogs and bug fixes.
The MIUI 10.3.1.0.OEIMIXM software Update for Redmi Note 5 is based on its April software update patch and fixes and its for software bugs and fixes and for improved performance.
Redmi Note 5 rom Information
|Rom Name||Redmi Note 5 (whyred)|
|Based On||MIUI 10|
|Rom file name||miui_HMNote5HMNote5ProGlobal_V10.3.1.0.OEIMIXM|
|Rom OS Version||Android 8.1 Oreo|
|Drivers||Redmi Note 5 Device Drivers|
Redmi Note 5 V10.3.1.0.OEIMIXM Changelog
- Optimization: Updated Android Security Patch to April 2019. Increased system security.
- Fix: Ending calls took longer time than expected
- Fix: Status bar shortcut and floating notification for calls appeared at the same time
Lock screen, status bar, Notification shade
- New: You can restrict opening Notification shade on the Lock screen now
- Fix: LED light didn’t blink when the battery was low
- Fix: Low battery warning didn’t appear in landscape mode
- Fix: Notification shade went black on the Lock screen when new notifications were received
- Fix: Notification badges were displayed incorrectly on the WhatsApp icon
- Fix: Sync page couldn’t be refreshed whenever sync was turned on or off in the Notification shade
- Optimization: App names were truncated when texts size was set to large
- Mi Cloud
- Optimization: We redesigned Mi Cloud’s start page. It looks much better now!
How to get this update on your Redmi Note 5
Normally, you should have gotten a notification by now about the update or maybe you didn’t notice, that’s okay, we are going to tell you how you can get the update. Before we continue, just scroll down your notification bar and check if you have a notification about the update. If any, click it and download the update to continue.
Go to Settings >>> About Phone >>> System Update >>>Update.
Once you click on Update, the downloading will begin.
After downloading, your phone will boot to fastboot and start the installation. Wait for it to finish and reboot your phone.
The second method you can use to install the firmware is through the Xiaomi Update App
- Download Xiaomi Mi 8 Explorer Edition rom.
- Create a folder on your phone and name it downloaded_rom.
- If you downloaded the firmware on your PC, copy the firmware to the downloaded_rom folder you created on your phone.
- Launch the Updater App on your phone through Go to Settings >>> About Phone >>> System Update >>>Update.
- There is a three dot at the top right, click it and choose update package.
- It will take you to the File Manager of your phone.
- Choose the firmware and installation will begin.
- Once done, your phone will reboot. Enjoy.