Before the reign of MediaTek, many smartphones have been powered by Qualcomm.
Qualcomm is one of the best smartphone Socs out there, most of the flagship smartphones of today are powered by Qualcomm and still counting.
Today, I am going to tell you how to flash your smartphone if your smartphone is running on Qualcomm chipset.
Requirements to flash the firmware using Qualcomm Flash Image Loader (QFIL)
- A working detectable USB Cord.
- A Windows PC.
- A Good Battery Backup
- A Qualcomm Image Loader.
- Qualcomm USB Driver.
Note that flashing a stock firmware to your phone erases everything in your phone including contents in internal storage. It is always very advisable to backup your contents to an external storage or a PC. If your phone is bricked and can’t be accessed, I guess there is nothing you can do.
Follow this procedure below if you wish to flash the stock rom.
Flash Qualcomm Firmware using Qualcomm Flash Image Loader (QFIL).
- Download and extract Qualcomm Flash Image Loader to your favorite folder.
- Extract Firmware you want to flash.
- Now Open QFIL.exe.
- Click on the Browse button to locate the extracted firmware for your smartphone.
- You will need to power off your device and connect it to the PC while off.
- Once the firmware is launched, click on Download.
- Once you click on Download, the flashing process will begin, and might take up to 10 minutes to flash your phone.
- Relax and take a cup of coffee maybe, your phone will auto reboot after the flashing.
- Set up your phone and enjoy it.
We are not going to be responsible for any harm that might come to your phone. Please, make sure you are flashing the right firmare, stock rom, or flash file to your smartphone.
Before flashing firmware or files, YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point Your finger at us, we will laugh at you. [KIDDING.]
If the Smartphone Flash Tool didn’t detect your smartphone, you might need to press the volume down or up button but do not power your phone.
If you download any firmware from our site and the firmware file is not meant for the flash tool, you might check the actual flash tool that does the job.
To flash firmware to MediaTek smartphones, follow here
If your smartphone is a Spreadtrum smartphone, or the flash file comes in .PAC format, that means you are going to flash it with Spreadtrum Upgrade Tool.
Follow the instruction below to do that.