In this tutorial, I will present the detailed method to help you Install TWRP Recovery and Root Amigoo R300
Today, I am going to tell you what I call the ultimate guide on how to Root Amigoo R300.
We all have our reasons for rooting Amigoo R300. It differs from one person to another. Some might be rooting to get a custom recovery flashed to their phone, some might be rooting to crack some games, while some might be rooting to get a custom rom flashed to their phone.
Whatever reason you have, make sure you know what you are doing.
- 1 What is TWRP Recovery?
- 2 Amigoo R300 TWRP Rooting Prerequisite.
- 3 Flash TWRP to Amigoo R300 using SP Flash tool.
- 4 Conclusion on how to root Amigoo R300.
- 5 How to check if your smartphone comes with Bootloader.
Why you should root Amigoo R300.
- You can overclock your phone for your best performance.
- Change the phone information of Amigoo R300 to trick your friends.
- You now have access to every file on Amigoo R300.
- You can change how your phone boot by changing boot animation.
- Remove bloatware, which is, apps that were pre-installed on the Amigoo R300.
- Flash a custom recovery like TWRP to Amigoo R300.
- Able to upgrade Amigoo R300 to the latest Android version using custom rom.
- You can hack or crack games after rooting Amigoo R300.
- Create more storage space on Amigoo R300 but with caution.
- You can block Ads from some apps on Amigoo R300.
- Install and use apps that require root on Amigoo R300.
- You can customize your Phone as you want.
- And many more personal benefits you can enjoy.
Why you should not root Amigoo R300.
- The first thing is, Your warranty is now void.
- You won’t be getting the official update from Amigoo.
- Uhmm, I don’t know any other one. You can say.
Whatever reason you have for rooting Amigoo R300, just make sure you know what you are doing.
What is TWRP Recovery?
TWRP stands for Team Win Recovery Project. It is a customized or custom Android recovery.
TWRP Recovery is an open-source software custom recovery image for Android-based smartphones and Tablets – Wikipedia.
It comes with a touchsreen feature that enables user to do many things they cannot do with their stock recovery.
It is used to replaces the stock Android recovery and can be used to install custom roms or firmware to Amigoo R300 and other smartphones.
You can use TWRP Recovery to install custom zips, root Amigoo R300, install custom or stock images and do a complete backup of Amigoo R300. There are many other features too in TWRP.
How to root Amigoo R300 with TWRP.
To root Amigoo R300 by flashing TWRP and flashing SuperSU/Magisk file, you will need a PC.
You will need this files…
Amigoo R300 TWRP Rooting Prerequisite.
- A PC.
- An Amigoo R300.
- A working USB Cord.
- A Good Battery Backup.
- An ADB Fastboot script.
- A Amigoo Device Driver.
Before you start, make sure you download and install the device drivers required above. Without proper driving your PC, It won’t detect your phone when connected to the PC.
You will need to google how to manually install a driver in Windows PC.
You will need to Flash a custom TWRP to your Amigoo R300 before flashing this.
You can do that by going here.
If you need a custom recovery like TWRP for Amigoo R300, we have compiled a guide for noobs on how you can make TWRP for Amigoo R300 within few minutes. You might need to check it out.
Install TWRP to Amigoo R300 using SP Flash Tool
The first things you have to do is install the USB Drivers for your PC. After doing that, you can go ahead and flash the TWRP image.
You can get a scatter file for your phone by downloading the stock rom for your phone. At least, you will need your stock rom later in case anything goes wrong. You can go back to stock.
Flash TWRP to Amigoo R300 using SP Flash tool.
- Download SP Flash Tool to your PC.
- Download Recovery.
- Get the Scatter File for your phone.
- Rename the downloaded recovery to recovery.img.
- Place the recovery and scatter file in the same folder.
- Launch SP Flash Tool.
- Click on Scatter file.
- Locate the scatter file you placed with recovery.
- Select the scatter file.
- Make sure you select only recovery on SP Flash Tool.
- Power off your phone.
- Click Download on SPFlash Tool.
- Plugin on your phone with a detectable USB Cord.
- Wait for it to finish Flashing.
- Done, Reboot your phone to recovery.
Flashing a custom RECOVERY to your phone will void your phone warranty.
We are not responsible for bricked RECOVERY. Please, do some research if you have any concerns about CUSTOM RECOVERY AND HOW THEY WORK.
Before flashing THIS RECOVERY, YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point Your finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
After flashing a custom recovery which is TWRP to your Amigoo R300, you can now go ahead and root it.
Copy the downloaded SuperSU Files or Magisk and place it in the root folder of your SD card.
If you reboot your phone instead of rebooting it to recovery, it might get replaced with the stock recovery. This means you need to boot to recovery first.
How To Root Amigoo R300 with Magisk/SuperSU File.
- Boot your Amigoo R300 to Recovery.
- Select Install Zip.
- Select the SD where SuperSu/Magisk zip file is.
- Locate the downloaded zip File.
- Flash it.
- You have successfully root Amigoo R300.
- Reboot to see SuperSU or Magisk on your phone.
Conclusion on how to root Amigoo R300.
Do you know that after following the processes listed above, your phone must have been rooted no matter how stubborn your phone might be?
like I said before, the reason why people get failed message while rooting their phone is that of one thing or the other.
Reasons why this might not work for you.
Like we said above, something someone else and it worked for, you might try it and the thing may not work for you, it does happen.
But we have listed below things that might contribute to the reason why this method didn’t work out for you.
Cloned or an Unoriginal device.
Many phones are cloned every day due to maybe its high market demand and the Chinese are not tired of showcasing their handwork. The phone you are using might not be the original chipset of the main phone but a cloned one. Everything might look the same but the phone retailer has hammered you with the wrong product. You may have to verify very well.
There are many Android smartphones that come with locked or unlocked bootloaders and some doesn’t come with any. Most times, If the bootloader is locked, a user might be finding it hard to root their smartphone which means they will need to unlock it. You can check if it’s locked or not by following the procedure below.
How to check if your smartphone comes with Bootloader.
- Go to Settings.
- Check if there is any Developers option.
- If there is none.
- Go to About phone.
- Continue tapping on Build number till when you get the Developers Option.
- Go back and you will see the developers Option on Settings
- Go to Developers Option before About Phone.
- Look for OEM Unlocking option.
- If its there, then you will need to unlock your bootloader.
- If it is not there, you don’t have anything to worry about.
If you want to unlock your bootloader, you can follow the procedure below.