Hello all and welcome to this wonderful post. Today, I will be telling you How To Make A Custom Recovery For Any MTK Phone. Yes, You heard that.
I know for long, I have been posting about rooting an android phone, unlocking bootloaders and installing a custom recovery to many MTK phones and other Android chipsets without providing a custom recovery for them.
How To Make A Custom Recovery For Any MTK Phone
To be sincere with you, getting a custom recovery sometimes is very hard for some phones. If there is no maybe XDA Developer for your phone or no active developer or porter for your phone, then, you might be left behind the bar with no one asking you what you want. But today, I am telling you, I got your back.
Today, I am going to show you how to make a custom recovery for any type of MTK phone you are using.
There are tools made by some good developers that automatically port custom recovery to our phone without much hassle and work. You don’t even need to have your phone rooted before you can do that.
But rooting your phone can make everything easy but even its not rooted, then, there is no problem.
The tools am talking about ports both TWRP, Philz and CTR Recovery to any MTK Phone.
They can port the recovery and push it to your phone but if your phone is not rooted and you have the recovery image for your phone, then, it can port a recovery for your phone and you determine how to flash it.
I will be listing the Tools one after the other for you and how you can make use of it.
Tools To Make A Custom Recovery For Any MTK Phone.
MTK TWRP makes custom TWRP for any Android within some few minutes. No root needed.
It is officially Called Easy Magic TWRP Installer.
Make A Custom Recovery Easy TWRP Magic Installer.
- Launch Easy Magic TWRP Installer
- You need to copy the stock recovery of your phone you downloaded to the stock folder of the Installer. You can see the directory on the software.
- Plug-in your phone to your PC. Make sure you enable USB Debugging on your phones Developers Options.
- From here, You have to use your head. Reason for that is that phones differ and the option I will be presented to might not be the same as yours. But make sure you click the right option for your phone.
- Click OK depending on the next option displayed to you.
- Sometimes, after porting a recovery to your phone, your recovery might be upside down. This option fixes it.
- If you didn’t select flipped screen, it won’t ask you this. But if you did, select your phones resolution and press OK.
- If you are using a Tablet, you might need to work on this.
- After selecting your Touchscreen type, then wait for it to port a TWRP to your phone.
- Because your phone is not rooted, Easy Magic TWRP Installer will try to auto-port the ported recovery to your phone. Because your phone is not rooted, it is stuck at “Please Wait”.
- All you have to do is to go to the TWRP folder and copy the ported TWRP Recovery to any safe folder and port.
Please Note: The following instruction might differ from phones to phones. All you have to do is follow with care.
There is other similar software with almost the same interface and instruction that can port Philz recovery, CTR Recovery to your phone. All you have to do is to download and port your Favorite Recovery to your phone.
You can download them here.