Gionee smartphones are one of the latest smartphones in the market but one of the phones that have less development, I can help you own root Gionee GN5001 if you have one.
- 0.1 The Advantages of Rooting Gionee GN5001.
- 0.2 The Disadvantage of Rooting Gionee GN5001.
- 0.3 Rooting Gionee GN5001 through TWRP.
- 0.4 How to root Gionee GN5001 with TWRP.
- 1 Gionee GN5001 TWRP Rooting Prerequisite.
- 2 How to root Gionee GN5001 with KingRoot.
The Advantages of Rooting Gionee GN5001.
- You can overclock your phone for your best performance.
- Change the phone information of Gionee GN5001 to trick your friends.
- You now have access to every file on Gionee GN5001.
- You can change how your phone boot by changing boot animation.
- Remove bloatware, which is, apps that were pre-installed on the Gionee GN5001.
- Flash a custom recovery like TWRP to Gionee GN5001.
- Able to upgrade Gionee GN5001 to the latest Android version using custom rom.
- You can hack or crack games after rooting Gionee GN5001.
- Create more storage space on Gionee GN5001 but with caution.
- You can block Ads from some apps on Gionee GN5001.
- Install and use apps that require root on Gionee GN5001.
- You can customize your Phone like you want.
- And many more personal benefits you can enjoy.
The Disadvantage of Rooting Gionee GN5001.
- The first thing is, Your warranty is now void.
- You won’t be getting the official update from Gionee.
- You will start getting a warning message from Gionee System Manager.
- Uhmm, I don’t know any other one. You can say.
Whatever reason you have for rooting Gionee GN5001, just make sure you know what you are doing.
Rooting Gionee GN5001 is very easy and you don’t need to code or port anything to root it.
Just follow the steps below to do that.
You don’t need to unlock the bootloader for you to root Gionee GN5001.
I have tried two methods and they work flawlessly without any problem or stress at all.
The first one is rooting it with a kingroot.
The second one is rooting it through flashing a superSU or Magisk file through TWRP.
From my experience, I will recommend rooting it with Kingroot or Flashing Magisk.
Rooting through flashing SuperSU file always show Android is upgrading whenever you reboot your phone.
From the two, the Choice is yours.
Let’s get started.
Rooting Gionee GN5001 through TWRP.
Many people complain about their phone not rooting with KingRoot, they will say that KingRoot doesn’t root their phone and they tried and it didn’t work for them.
There are versions of KingRoot which works for some phone and some that don’t work.
Versions really matter when it comes to rooting your phone with KingRoot.
I can testify to you that latest version of KingRoot is not compatible with some smartphones. If you try making use of them in rooting your phone, you will get a failed message.
So, I won’t advise anyone to use the latest version of KingRoot but can use later versions like version 5.0.3 and below.
Okay. Let’s get started.
How to root Gionee GN5001 with TWRP.
To root Gionee GN5001 by flashing TWRP and flashing SuperSU/Magisk file, you will need a PC.
You will need this files…
Gionee GN5001 TWRP Rooting Prerequisite.
- A PC.
- A Gionee GN5001.
- A working USB Cord.
- A Good Battery Backup.
- SuperSU/Magisk zip file.
- A TWRP File.
- An ADB Fastboot script.
- A Gionee Device Driver.
Before you start, make sure you download and install the device drivers required above. Without proper driving your PC, It won’t detect your phone when connected to the PC.
You will need to Flash a custom TWRP to your Gionee GN5001 before flashing this.
You can do that by going here.
Copy the downloaded SuperSU Files or Magisk and place it in the root folder of your SD card.
How To Root Gionee GN5001 with Magisk/SuperSU File.
- Boot your Gionee GN5001 to Recovery.
- Select Install Zip.
- Select the SD where SuperSu/Magisk zip file is.
- Locate the downloaded zip File.
- Flash it.
- Your phone is rooted.
- Reboot to see SuperUser or Magisk on your phone.
The other way to root Gionee GN5001 which is through Kingroot is quite easier than the above method. All you have to do is follow the instruction below.
How to root Gionee GN5001 with KingRoot.
- Download KingRoot.
- Install KingRoot.
- Launch KingRoot.
- Allow it to check your root status.
- Click on Get Root.
- Wait for KingRoot to Root your phone.
- Your phone is rooted.
You might get a failed message while rooting your phone. You might also notice a network drop while rooting your phone. It is OKAY, Just reboot your phone and everything will be fine.
The whole method above is tested and trusted and tend to work on yours. If you experience any problem or difficulty, you are free to tell me.