Do you want to root Gionee S6s and install TWRP but you are finding it hard rooting Gionee S6s with rooting Apps?.
We all have our reasons for rooting Gionee S6s. It differs from one person to another. Some might be rooting to get a custom recovery flashed to their phone, some might be rooting to crack some games, while some might be rooting to get a custom rom flashed to their phone.
Whatever reason you have, make sure you know what you are doing.
- 0.1 Why you should root Gionee S6s.
- 0.2 Why you should not Gionee S6s.
- 0.3 How to root Gionee S6s with TWRP.
- 1 Gionee S6s TWRP Rooting Prerequisite.
- 2 Flash TWRP to Gionee S6s using SP Flash tool.
- 3 Disclaimer.
Why you should root Gionee S6s.
- You can overclock your phone for your best performance.
- Change the phone information of Gionee S6s to trick your friends.
- You now have access to every file on Gionee S6s.
- You can change how your phone boot by changing boot animation.
- Remove bloatware, which is, apps that were pre-installed on the Gionee S6s.
- Flash a custom recovery like TWRP to Gionee S6s.
- Able to upgrade Gionee S6s to the latest Android version using custom rom.
- You can hack or crack games after rooting Gionee S6s.
- Create more storage space on Gionee S6s but with caution.
- You can block Ads from some apps on Gionee S6s.
- Install and use apps that require root on Gionee S6s.
- You can customize your Phone like you want.
- And many more personal benefits you can enjoy.
Why you should not Gionee S6s.
- The first thing is, Your warranty is now void.
- You won’t be getting the official update from Gionee.
- Uhmm, I don’t know any other one. You can say.
Whatever reason you have for rooting Gionee S6s, just make sure you know what you are doing.
How to root Gionee S6s with TWRP.
To root Gionee S6s by flashing TWRP and flashing SuperSU/Magisk file, you will need a PC.
You will need this files…
Gionee S6s TWRP Rooting Prerequisite.
- A PC.
- A Gionee S6s.
- A working USB Cord.
- A Good Battery Backup.
- SuperSU/Magisk zip file.
- A TWRP File.
- An ADB Fastboot script.
- SP Flash Tool
- A Gionee Device Driver.
Gionee Smartphones doesn’t need you to unlock the bootloader before you can install custom recoveries. Unlocking bootloader on Gionee erases everything and brick your Gionee smartphone. You will still need to reflash stock rom for it to boot up.
Before you start, make sure you download and install the device drivers required above. Without proper driving your PC, It won’t detect your phone when connected to the PC.
You will need to Flash a custom TWRP to your Gionee S6s before flashing this.
You can do that by going here.
If you need a custom recovery like TWRP for Gionee S6s, we have compiled a guide for noobs on how you can make TWRP for Gionee S6s within few minutes. You might need to check it out.
How To Flash TWRP using SP Flash Tool
The first things you have to do is install the USB Drivers for your PC. After doing that, you can go ahead and flash the TWRP image.
You can get a scatter file for your phone by downloading the stock rom for your phone. At least, you will need your stock rom later in case anything goes wrong. You can go back to stock.
Flash TWRP to Gionee S6s using SP Flash tool.
- Download SP Flash Tool to your PC.
- Download recovery.
- Get the Scatter File for your phone.
- Rename the downloaded recovery to recovery.img.
- Place the recovery and scatter file in the same folder.
- Launch SP Flash Tool.
- Click on Scatter file.
- Locate the scatter you placed in recovery.
- Select the scatter file.
- Power off your phone.
- Click on start on SP Flash Tool.
- Plugin on your phone with a detectable USB Cord.
- Wait for it to finish Flashing.
- Done, Reboot your phone.
Flashing a custom RECOVERY to your phone will void your phone warranty.
We are not responsible for bricked rECOVERY. Please, do some research if you have any concerns about cUSTOM rECOVERY AND HOW THEY WORK.
Before flashing THIS RECOVERY, YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point Your finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
After flashing a custom recovery which is TWRP to your Gionee S6s, you can now go ahead and root it.
Copy the downloaded SuperSU Files or Magisk and place it in the root folder of your SD card.
How To Root Gionee S6s with Magisk/SuperSU File.
- Boot your Gionee S6s to Recovery.
- Select Install Zip.
- Select the SD where SuperSu/Magisk zip file is.
- Locate the downloaded zip File.
- Flash it.
- Your phone is rooted.
- Reboot to see SuperSU or Magisk on your phone.
The other way to root Gionee S6s which is through Kingroot is quite easier than the above method. All you have to do is follow the instruction below.
For you to root Gionee S6s without a PC, we are going to make use of an Android rooting App called Kingroot.
KingRoot is the number one rooting application for Android phones. It roots most of the MediaTek and Spreadtrum phones in the market and counting.
It has rooted many versions of Android, both Gingerbread, jellybean, KitKat, Lollipop, Marshmallow, and Nougat and has recorded root success in the latest Android version Oreo.
That is why is our first recommended rooting App.
The app was developed by KingRoot Studio.
How to Root Gionee S6s with KingRoot.
- Download KingRoot.
- Download Purify.
- Install KingRoot.
- Launch KingRoot.
- Click on GET ROOT.
- Wait for it to Root your phone.
I have seen some scenarios where after rooting your phone with KingRoot and it failed but still yet get root access.
The reason why I mentioned Purify is that when rooting with Kingroot, it always try to download Purify.
Purify is a cleaning or RAM booster app from Kingroot Studio. You can save rooting the time by downloading Purify and fastening the rooting.
Using the latest version of KingRoot might give you a failed message, I will recommend using the version 5.0.3. I have used it to root most Android phone and counting.
What I am trying to say is that, sometimes, you might try rooting your phone with KingRoot and got a “Root Failed” but still yet, your phone will be rooted.
I have experienced it many times without number.
All you have to do is reboot your smartphone before trying again. Trying once and failing doesn’t mean KingRoot cant root Gionee S6s, You can retry again and it will work.
But you won’t notice until you check your phone with root checker.
The whole method above is tested and trusted and tend to work on yours. If you experience any problem or difficulty, you are free to tell me.