Do you want to root Tecno W3 but you are finding it hard rooting Tecno W3 with rooting Apps?.
Tecno Mobile released a lot of Android smartphone which rolled out with stock Android 6.0 Marshmallow and Tecno W3 is one of them. It is hard to root Tecno W3 and most Marshmallow smartphone with the use of Apps like Kingroot and the rest of rooting app.
Well, before we run into rooting your phone, let’s take a look at the pros and cons of rooting Tecno W3.
The Advantages of Rooting Tecno W3.
- You can overclock your phone for your best performance.
- Change the phone information of Tecno W3 to trick your friends.
- You now have access to every file on Tecno W3.
- You can change how your phone boot by changing boot animation.
- Remove bloatware, which is, apps that were pre-installed on the Tecno W3.
- Flash a custom recovery like TWRP to Tecno W3.
- Able to upgrade Tecno W3 to the latest Android version using custom rom.
- You can hack or crack games after rooting Tecno W3.
- Create more storage space on Tecno W3 but with caution.
- You can block Ads from some apps on Tecno W3.
- Install and use apps that require root on Tecno W3.
- You can customize your Phone like you want.
- And many more personal benefits you can enjoy.
The Disadvantage of Rooting Tecno W3.
- The first thing is, Your warranty is now void.
- You won’t be getting the official update from Tecno.
- Uhmm, I don’t know any other one. You can say.
But whatever reason you are rooting your Tecno W3 for, make sure you know exactly what you are about to do.
Let’s get down to it, shall we?.
For you to root Tecno W3, you will need to do the following.
- Get a custom recovery like TWRP for Tecno W3.
- Flash the custom recovery through SP Flash Tool.
- Get a rooting file like Magisk or SuperSU file.
- Flash Magisk or SuperSU file to your Tecno W3.
- Reboot and your phone is rooted.
Easy as sound, Right?.
OK, Let’s get down to it.
Before you can do as we stated above, you will need to have all of this. You can skip if you have had any of them.
What is required to root Tecno W3.
- A PC.
- A Tecno W3.
- A Working USB Cord.
- A Good Battery Backup.
- SuperSU/Magisk zip file.
- A TWRP File.
- An ADB Fastboot script.
- A VCOM USB Drivers.
- Download SP Flash Tool.
Having all this gives you a 100% chance of rooting Tecno W3 and even installing a custom rom.
The first things you have to do is install the USB Drivers for your PC. After doing that, you can go ahead and flash the TWRP image.
You can get a scatter file for your phone by downloading the stock rom for your phone. At least, you will need your stock rom later in case anything goes wrong. You can go back to stock.
Flash TWRP to Tecno W3 using SP Flash tool.
- Download SP Flash Tool to your PC.
- Download recovery.
- Get the Scatter File for your phone.
- Rename the downloaded recovery to recovery.img.
- Place the recovery and scatter file in the same folder.
- Launch SP Flash Tool.
- Click on Scatter file.
- Locate the scatter you placed in recovery.
- Select the scatter file.
- Power off your phone.
- Click on start on SP Flash Tool.
- Plugin on your phone with a detectable USB Cord.
- Wait for it to finish Flashing.
- Done, Reboot your phone.
Flashing a custom RECOVERY to your phone will void your phone warranty.
We are not responsible for bricked rECOVERY. Please, do some research if you have any concerns about cUSTOM rECOVERY AND HOW THEY WORK.
Before flashing THIS RECOVERY, YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point Your finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
After flashing a custom recovery which is TWRP to your Tecno W3, you can now go ahead and root it.
You will need to power your phone to recovery by pressing simultaneously volume up and power button till your phone shows TWRP, you can release your hands then.
You don’t need to wipe anything before flashing root file to your Tecno W3. Just go straight and do the following.
Make sure you copy the downloaded SuperSU Files or Magisk and place it in the root folder of your SD card.
How to Root Tecno W3 with Magisk/SuperSU File.
- Boot your Tecno W3 to Recovery.
- Select Install Zip.
- Select the SD where SuperSu/Magisk zip file is.
- Locate the downloaded zip File.
- Flash it.
- Your phone is rooted.
- Reboot to see SuperUser or Magisk on your phone.
You can verify root access by installing root checker on your phone or by launching any apps that are requesting for root access on your phone.
If you wish to install custom rom to Tecno W3, you can go ahead and look around or port on for your phone.