Once an Android phone is realeased, the next thing developers do is trying to gain root access to it and Samsung Galaxy Note 8 is not left out in the task, that is why today, we are going to tell you How to Root The Samsung Galaxy Note 8.
We all have our reasons of rooting Samsung Galaxy Note 8. It differs from one person to another. Some might be rooting to get a custom recovery flashed to their phone, some might be rooting to crack some games, while some might be rooting to get a custom rom flashed to their phone.
The Advantages of Rooting Samsung Galaxy Note 8.
- You can overclock your phone for your best performance.
- Change the phone information of Samsung Galaxy Note 8 to trick your friends.
- You now have access to every files on Samsung Galaxy Note 8.
- You can change how your phone boot by changing boot animation.
- Remove bloatwares, which is, apps that were pre-installed on the Samsung Galaxy Note 8.
- Flash a custom recovery like TWRP, CWM, Philz to Samsung Galaxy Note 8.
- You will be able to upgrade Samsung Galaxy Note 8 to the latest Android version.
- You can hack or crack games after rooting Samsung Galaxy Note 8.
- Create more storage space on Samsung Galaxy Note 8 but with caution.
- You can block Ads from some apps on Samsung Galaxy Note 8.
- Install and use apps that requires root on Samsung Galaxy Note 8.
- You can customize your Phone like you want.
- And many more personal benefits you can enjoy.
The Disadvantage of Rooting Samsung Galaxy Note 8.
- The first thing is, Your warranty is now void.
- You won’t be getting the official update from Samsung.
- Uhmm, I don’t know any other one. You can say.
After checking the above comparism and you wish to continue with rooting your phone, then these are some of thing you will need to have for you to root Samsung Galaxy Note 8.
Samsung Galaxy Note 8 Prerequisite.
- You are going to need a PC.
- A Samsung Galaxy Note 8 USB Driver.
- Odin for Samsung.
- A good Samsung Galaxy Note 8.
- Backup your phone.
- A working USB Cord.
- A Good battery Backup.
- Samsung Galaxy Note 8 rooting script.
Having all this gives you a 100% chance of doing anything you want with your phone even installing a custom rom.
Rooting Samsung Galaxy Note 8 wipes everything on your phone and reset it to factory setting, make sure you back every on your phone to a PC or an SD card.
How to Root The Samsung Galaxy Note 8.
- The first thing you will need to do is get a download the samsung USB Drivers.
- Install the driver and make sure it installs correctly.
- Go to XDA forum to download the Samsung Galaxy Note 8 rooting Script which includes Odin.
- Extract the download file which comes with ODIN for samsung smartphones.
- Launch Odin as Administrator.
- Power off Samsung Galaxy Note 8 and boot it to download mode by pressing Volume Down button, Menu Button, and Power Button all at the same time for some seconds till it boots to Download Mode.
- Click AP on Odin and select the tar file from XDA.
- Click on the Pit Tab to select the pit you are flashing.
- Connect your samsung Galaxy Note 8 to the PC with the USB Cord and make sure it detect like this.
- Go to the Options tab and make sure all of the following are checked on (do not check any other): Auto Reboot, F. Reset Time, NAND Erase All and Re-Partition.
- Click the Start button to start rooting your phone and wait for it to get done, if it shows failed, don’t worry because it worked.
- Put the phone back to Download mode by Steady pressing power button and Bixby buttons at the same time and keep holding them until the screen says you are in download or upload mode (If you wind up in upload mode, hold the same buttons again to get into download mode). The phone will tell you it is in emergency mode, which is fine.
- Click on the reset button to reset the phone.
- Select this files from the extracted folder of XDA Files.
- Go to the Option Tab again but this time, Tick on this lines.
- Click the Start.
- Your phone is going to reboot to recovery mode.
- Click on Reboot system to reboot your phone.
- If you get any mount error, you must have made a mistake and need to start again.
- Once your phone finishes booting, you can set it up and you will see a SuperSU app on your phone.
- Launch it and set it up, Select normal mode.
- If Knox pops Up, you can follow the instruction to disable it.
You now have root access on your Samsung galaxy Note 8.
If you experience any other error, you can report to the XDA forum.