Unlocking Bootloader enables one to be able to do many things on their smartphone and I am going to help you unlock Huawei honor 7X bootloader.
When your bootloader is unlocked, you can root your phone, you can flash custom recovery and do many things with your phone.
Unlocking bootloader erases everything in your phone and reset it to the factory settings.
Huawei honor 7X Unlocking Bootloader Prerequisite.
- A PC.
- Huawei USB Driver.
- A Huawei honor 7X.
- Backup your phone.
- A working USB Cord.
- A Good battery Backup.
- An ADB Fastboot script.
Having all this gives you a 100% chance of doing anything you want with your phone even installing a custom rom.
How to unlock Huawei honor 7X Bootloader
There are many Android phones that come with locked bootloaders and Huawei honor 7X is one of them.
Before you can do anything like rooting with the phone, you need to, first of all, unlock the bootloader.
Huawei Phones needs you to create an account with Huawei before you can unlock your bootloader. Follow this link to create an account with Huawei developers so you can get your unlock code.
They will request the phones’s Serial Number, IMEI, Product Code and Model Number on the process.
To Unlock Huawei honor 7X Bootloader.
- Backup all your Stuff.
- Go to settings.
- Check if there is any Developers option.
- If there is none.
- Go to About phone.
- Consequently, Tap on Build number till you get Developers Option.
- Go back and you will see developers Option.
- Go to Developers Option before About Phone.
- Look for OEM Unlocking option.
- Click on it to Enable it if it’s not enabled.
- If enabled, Disable and enable it again.
- You will get a warning message. Accept it.
- If your phone is security code, you might be prompt to enter it and continue.
- You will need to enable USB Debugging too.
- Power off your phone.
- Boot to Fastboot by pressing volume up and power Button Simultaneously.
- To make sure your device is connected, enter this command.
- If your phone is well connected and ready, it will tell you.
- Go to Huawei site and fill the necessary information for your phone.
- You will be giving a 16digits code.
- To Unlock your phone, send this command
fastboot oem unlock your unlock code
- Wait for the progress Bar to finish.
- Your phone bootloader is now unlocked.
After Unlocking your Huawei honor 7X bootloader, you can go ahead and root it.
For you to root Huawei honor 7X, you can use a software to root it or you can root it through flashing a SuperSU file through recovery like TWRP. for you to root it through recovery, Flash this recovery through this process.
How to Install recovery on Huawei honor 7X.
- Copy the Downloaded TWRP to PC.
- Open CMD on PC.
- send this command
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- Reboot your phone with this command
- You now have TWRP on Your Phone.
You have to move next to the next step which is Rooting your phone. Follow the next step to root your phone. You have to copy the Downloaded SuperSU zip file to the root of your SD Card.
After installing custom recovery, the next thing to do is root it.
How to flash SuperSU on Huawei honor 7X.
- Boot to Recovery.
- Select Install Zip.
- Select the SD where SuperSu zip file is.
- Flash it.
- Your phone is rooted.Reboot to see SuperUser on your phone.
But you can root your phone with any rooting app. You can try one of the apps below. You can try it using a PC.
How to root Huawei honor 7X with One Click Root.
- Download the software.
- Install the software to your pc.
- Get a detectable working USB cord.
- Enable USB debugging on your phone.
- Connect your phone to the PC.
- wait for it to detect your phone.
- Click Root it to start rooting your phone.