If you are considering a career in NetSuite or looking to hire a NetSuite administrator, there are several essential skills required to be successful in this role. A NetSuite administrator is responsible for managing, configuring, and customizing the NetSuite platform to meet the business needs of an organization. This article will explore what it takes to become a great NetSuite administrator.
What Does a NetSuite Administrator Do?
A NetSuite administrator is responsible for managing all aspects of NetSuite functionality within an organization. This includes user management, system configuration, customization, and integration. The primary duties of a NetSuite administrator include:
- User Management: Administrators are responsible for managing user accounts, permissions, and access within the system. This includes creating user accounts, modifying permissions as required, and ensuring users have access only to the system areas they require.
- System Configuration: NetSuite admins are responsible for system configuration, including customizing fields, forms, and records, setting up workflows, and automating processes.
- Customization: NetSuite is a highly customizable platform. Administrators are responsible for customizing the system to meet the specific business needs of an organization. This may include customizing forms, workflows, and reports.
- Integration: NetSuite provides integration capabilities with other systems such as CRMs, banking systems, and Point-of-Sale (POS) platforms. Administrators are responsible for configuring and managing these integrations.
NetSuite Administrator Job Description
A NetSuite administrator job description typically includes the following responsibilities and qualifications:
- Manage user accounts, permissions, and access rights.
- Configure NetSuite to meet the specific needs of an organization.
- Develop and maintain workflows and automation within NetSuite.
- Create custom reports and dashboards using NetSuite’s reporting tools.
- Manage integrations with other systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- Experience in NetSuite administration, including user management, system configuration, customization, and integration.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure and manage tasks effectively.
- Project management experience.
Essential Skills for NetSuite Administrators
To become a great NetSuite administrator, one must have essential skills which include:
- Analytical Skills: NetSuite contains vast amounts of data. An administrator must have excellent analytical skills to understand the data and generate accurate insights.
- Time Management Skills: NetSuite administrators must manage their time efficiently, completing tasks on time and meeting deadlines.
- Communication Skills: An administrator must have strong communication skills to translate technical information into business terms for end-users.
- Problem-solving Skills: Administrators must have strong problem-solving skills to identify issues and develop practical solutions.
NetSuite Administrator Training
NetSuite offers training programs that cover various aspects of NetSuite administration. Training programs include:
- Online Training: NetSuite offers a vast library of online training courses covering analytics, integration, configuration, and more.
- NetSuite Certification: NetSuite offers Administrator and Netsuite Developer certification programs. These programs cover the fundamental concepts of NetSuite administration and development.
- NetSuite User Group: NetSuite User Group offers an independent forum for NetSuite administrators and users to share knowledge, experience, and best practices.
NetSuite Administrator Salary and Jobs
NetSuite administrators are in high demand. According to Payscale, the average NetSuite administrator salary is $73,000. Salary varies depending on experience, location, and company size. NetSuite administrator jobs are available worldwide, with the highest demand in major cities such as New York, San Francisco, and London.
In conclusion, a great NetSuite administrator must have a combination of technical skills, analytical skills, communication skills, problem-solving skills, and time management skills. NetSuite offers training programs and certification programs to develop these skills. NetSuite administrator jobs are in high demand, and salaries are competitive, making it a highly rewarding career.