The Cloud was once a distant dream for many companies, but now it’s become a reality. Now, it continues to grow in popularity, with findings showing that an estimated 60% of all corporate data was stored in the Cloud.
Yet, despite the rise in popularity, they’re still far from being the norm from a business perspective. So, what are Cloud-native solutions, are they beneficial to organisations, and, if so, how can you get started?
Cloud-native solutions are services designed to run in the Cloud that deliver greater scalability and more efficient use of resources than traditional on-premise applications.
As such, businesses that migrate to the Cloud experience a wide range of benefits, including improved speed and agility, lower operational costs, and enhanced collaboration.
However, despite the clear advantages, companies are still hesitant to adopt them. Such hesitancy could be due to various challenges, such as compliance requirements, legacy systems, and lack of talent. However, are those benefits worth overcoming these obstacles?
Exploring the benefits of being Cloud-native
As mentioned, Cloud-native solutions offer businesses a range of benefits that can help them stay competitive and efficient in the digital age. But are any of them relevant to you? Here are some of the advantages they can provide:
- Increased Speed and Agility – Cloud-native applications run best on elastic, scalable infrastructures. By doing so, organisations can rapidly deploy – or make changes – to their software without disrupting their operations.
- Lower Operational Costs – using a Cloud vendor reduces the need for costly hardware investments, maintenance fees, and IT staff, which results in cost savings over time.
- Enhanced Collaboration – Cloud-native architectures enable employees to work remotely while staying connected with colleagues, partners, and customers.
- Improved Security – Cloud computing solutions come with built-in security features like secure authentication protocols, versatile identity, and access management tools, as well as compliance support that helps businesses protect their critical data from malicious attacks or accidental misuse.
- Greater Flexibility – when running applications in the Cloud, businesses have greater control over their environment and can quickly increase capacity on demand. Equally, they can integrate new services easily into existing architectures, making them more robust and able to cope with unforeseen market changes or customer needs better.
These are just some of the many benefits that companies can gain by migrating to the Cloud, allowing them to keep pace with the digital economy we live in now. But should you go it alone, or do you need assistance when migrating to become a Cloud-first organisation?
Is it time to partner up?
To reap the benefits of cloud-native solutions and stay ahead of the competition, partnering with a trusted Cloud technology provider can offer businesses a headstart in this process.
Providers can act as an advisor during Cloud migration and help organisations identify their specific needs so they can create custom solutions tailored to their sector.
In addition, by leveraging providers’ expertise in IT infrastructure and management best practices, businesses get additional assurance that their new environment will be secure, flexible, and optimised over time.
Here are some of the other reasons businesses can benefit most when partnering with a trusted technology provider:
- Expert Guidance – Cloud technology providers are experts who can assess an organisation’s digital transformational objectives, devise the appropriate strategy and guide their clients throughout the process.
- Custom Solutions – providers can help design tailored cloud solutions that meet business-specific needs – and support their evolution over time.
- Best Practices – Cloud technology providers leverage their industry experience and are up-to-date with the latest IT infrastructure and management best practices whilst assuring that any environment they create is secure, efficient, and reliable.
- Cost Savings – by bundling various services offered by providers into a single purchase, businesses save on hardware costs as well as maintenance fees associated with traditional on-premise applications, resulting in cost savings over time.
- Increased Value – cloud technology providers increase customer value by enabling them to focus less on maintaining IT processes and more on developing new capabilities that drive growth for their business.
Equally, and perhaps most importantly, businesses can spend less time focused on technology, migrations, and areas that shouldn’t take up too much of their time. Instead, they can focus on what matters most: themselves.
The last word
Investing in a reliable Cloud technology provider ensures businesses unlock their potential faster while enjoying increases in performance, cost savings, and customer satisfaction much sooner than later. This way, they can focus less on maintaining IT processes and more on growing their business through advanced digital capabilities provided by these solutions.