The IT world is scaling new heights and reaching new pinnacles by the second. In terms of development cycles, strategies, and incorporating new technologies like IoT and automation, there has already been an upsurge, and the transformations are affecting global market conditions rapidly. However, ITSM, in particular, was yet to see the impact, until ITIL 4 was released.
The goal of ITIL is to align business needs with IT. With ITIL 4 Foundation course you can get scale your career and take advantage of the raging winds, rather than spiraling downwards in the tornado. The global trendsetter for best practices, protocols, and policies for ITSM, ITIL 4 is going to set competitive analysis in rapid motion and will help you and your organization incorporate timeless value increments in auto mode. Here’s everything you need to get yourself ITIL 4 certified; slow and steady wins the race but having a head start is what you need, to sail through the career corner.
ITIL 4 structure
There are 4 levels of certification in the ITIL 4 scheme:
- Foundation: ITIL 4 Foundation certification launched in Feb 2019, and is the entry-level certification that offers awareness regarding key concepts of ITSM. Taking up the ITIL Foundation course will help you get familiarised with terms, global standards, protocols, policies, and best practices of ITSM. You will also understand end-to-end organizational cycle stages and the complete IT service cycle along with the valuable contributions in each step. You will have a thorough understanding of the guiding principles of ITIL and the four dimensions of service management. Interestingly, taking up this course will also help you understand why Lean, Agile, and DevOps are important to the business proposition for value generation.
ITIL4 Managing Professional: The evolved version of ITIL, ITIL4 managing professional is a combination of four different modules. ITIL4 managing Professional course provides the required practical as well as a technical skillset to run IT-enabled services successfully. The four components of this module are as follows
- ITIL 4 Specialist Create, Deliver, and Support
- ITIL 4 Specialist Drive Stakeholder Value
- ITIL 4 Specialist High Velocity IT
- ITIL 4 Strategist Direct Plan and Improve.
In order to be designated an ITIL4 managing professional, one must complete all the four modules.
ITIL4 Strategic Leader: The next in line for the ITIL certification lies the ITIL4 strategic leader module, set to launch in the year 2020. The SL module provides an insight into the certification holder on how business strategy is influenced can be directed by IT. There are two modules:
- ITIL 4 Strategist Direct, Plan and Improve
- ITIL 4 Leader Digital and IT Strategy.
Master: The final level of the certification allows a professional to implement the intricacies of the ITIL into their workplace. In order to hold the master’s certification, one must have a complete grasp on the ITIL framework and should be able to implement the management techniques to support desired business outcomes through practical implementation. The eligibility criteria for a master aspirant are few:
- One must have completed the ITIL Expert certification.
- Should hold at least five years of experience in the managerial or higher advisory position in the industry.
Another major aspect of the Master certification is that the candidate must have a thorough grasp of practical knowledge as well as should be able to implement scenarios in the real world.
About the Exam:
There are no prerequisites to taking up the ITIL 4 Foundation exam. A typical course for the exam lasts 2 – 2.5 days and will also give you credits.
The exam is a multiple-choice type of paper with 40 questions. The passing grade is 65% (26 out of 40). The closed book paper is of 60 minutes duration.
Upon completion of the certification, you will get professional endorsement through a digital badge and one year access to ITIL publications and white papers. You will also have access to CPD tools that can help you map out your ITSM career path.