Just imagine you are hosting a live conference event for your company. But, the people participating in this video conference cannot get the best CDN video streaming quality, and the live conference keeps buffering. As a businessman, you want your content to be shared seamlessly across the maximum number of people. This is where the concept of video CDN comes into play.
Let us start this write-up with the definition of video CDN so you can grasp this concept quickly.
What is a Video CDN?
A content delivery network developed to support video streaming delivery can be called a video CDN. With the help of a video CDN, you can cache content and store it in various locations. The video is then streamed from the closest proximity to the user.
A prime example of CDN video streaming is, imagine if you wish to stream videos from Australia to viewers in the UK. First, the video will be cached and restored to the servers present in the UK. When your audience from the UK views your video, it will be streamed from the server in the UK instead of the source server in Australia.
This way, CDN video streaming provides a seamless and superior video experience. Today, various websites and video streaming platforms utilize CDNs to quicken the content delivery process by avoiding buffering delays and slow loading speeds.
Benefits of Video CDN
There are lots of benefits of video CDN. Here are some of them.
- Utilizing a CDN video streaming service enables your stream to reach viewers across the globe.
- There is minimal buffering and latency period.
- A video CDN ensures that requests do not overburden the source of the stream or base server.
Criteria to Select the Right Video CDN
You need to know some things before selecting the right video CDN.
- The CDN video streaming that you choose should be prodigious, trustworthy, and in close proximity. You should also pay close attention to the data transfer scope.
- While zeroing in on a CDN video streaming platform, opt for a video management platform that syncs with CDN providers to deliver amazing content.
- Choose a CDN video streaming platform that streams amazing video content to your clients and provides value for money.
Here are some of the questions that will help you to make a wise decision:
- Determine whether the CDN video streaming service you are interested in supports live streaming?
- Where do you intend to store your video content?
- Is there a definite place where you run your streaming server?
- Which geographies does your CDN video streaming service reach?
- What is the price of the CDN video streaming service?
Today with the enhancement of technology, we are seeing a drastic improvement in data and connectivity. Users are looking for high-quality video content at lightning speed. This is where video CDN can become a crucial factor for success. If you are looking for a live-streaming platform for your businesses and individuals, opt for Castr today!